The Partnership for Progressive Agriculture is a non-profit local organization whose focus is on agriculture promotion and education. The collaboration of agriculture enthusiasts is comprised of a 16-member Board of Directors, 3 active committees and a membership base.
The PPA supports agriculture and its mission to "educate, promote and advocate" is illustrated throughout the year in many different events, including:
- Bringing together 30+ community businesses and farmers each year to network at the prominent Farm City Dinner.
- Organizes a county June Dairy Breakfast that feeds over 3,500 people each year. Attendees enjoy a tasty breakfast, cheese tasting, educational exhibits, pedal tractor pull, ice cream and much, much more!
- Hosts the Ag Adventure Tent at the Wisconsin Valley Fair. Hands on activities and educational displays are geared towards you and adults. There is something for everyone in the Ag Tent. Not to mention all of the tasty samples we hand out.
- Co-host with NTC Educational Seminars throughout the year. Topics are choosen each year based on current agriculture/rural issues.
- Awards local young farmer with the “Outstanding Young Farmer” recognition annually. The recipient then competes at the state level.
- Recognizes a person that exemplifies distinguished service to agriculture in Marathon County with the “Friend of Agriculture” award.
- Proudly presents the “Century Farm Award” to a family whose farm has been in their family ownership for 100 years.
- Advocate for agriculture. In addition to the abovementioned, PPA was essential in securing the opportunity to host Farm Technology Days in Marathon County in 2011, and was very involved in supporting the event financially and with volunteer hours. The PPA was also instrumental in the development of the Agricultural Center of Excellence dairy farm at NTC, and has also been active in the creation of and distribution of the ‘rural living’ brochure to realtors.